For 42 years, St. Andrew’s Children’s Clinic has provided free, specialized medical care to children living in Mexico who cannot get the care or afford the care they need in their home country. The Clinic is held at St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church in Nogales, Arizona.
Andrew’s Children’s Clinic,
a non-denominational, non-profit organization, with a volunteer
professional health care staff. The staff sees approximately 225-250
children the first Thursday of each month except July. Every October, in
cooperation with Children's Surgery International and CIMA Hospital,
approximately 40-45 children have cleft palate/cleft lip surgery in
Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico. This special mission involves volunteers on
both sides of the US-Mexico border who work with the medical team to
give patients smiles and a much better life.
In 2014, with the help of generous donors and volunteers, St. Andrew’s Children’s Clinic provided the following:
· 3,902 Clinic hours by volunteer health care professionals
· 6,385 Clinic hours by other volunteers
· 2,426 patient visits
· 162 first-time patients to The Clinic
· 513 office visits (US and Mexico)
· 134 lab tests (US and Mexico)
· 61 cleft palate/cleft lip surgeries
· 7,680 professional health volunteer hours for cleft palate/lip surgeries
· 20 eye doctor/surgeries
· 50 orthopedic surgeries
· 81 pairs of eye glasses dispensed
· 50 round-trip flights and transportation to hospitals for patients
· 56 prostheses
· 168 pairs of corrective shoes and orthotics
· 67 repaired hearing aids
· 34 customized wheel chairs, walkers, and strollers
· 23 prescriptions, either for cornea transplants or dermatology patients
· 3 iPads for aumentative/alternative communication patient
· also, medicated eye drops; Braille writers; strollers; speech and language equipment; nutritional supplements; physical, occupational, and speech therapy; dermatology and cardiology consultations; and many generous donations of blankets, diapers, and toys.
We are very proud to report to you that 98% of all donations goes to direct patient care.